released this 3 months ago | 55 commits to master since this release
Load More and Load Less
Have you ever felt lost while searching for information on our Homepage? Well, from today on, we provide you with the beans to climb your DMPstack! Use the Load more / Load less features to navigate in our pages and don’t worry if you open the wrong DMP or dataset, you can continue uninterrupted from where you were before.
Upload New Version of a Template
“Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” said Kahlil Gibran. We empower you to be independent Admins of ARGOS by updating your own Template(s) without us interfering. Use ‘New Version from File’ to automate the validation of the changes that distinguish two versions of the same template.
no-reply e-mail account
Do you want to contact us? Don’t use our new email firstname.lastname@example.org as it was created for internal purposes and to quickly inform you about any updates. We promise not to use it to spam you!
Unlink emails from ‘My profile’
Have you linked your accounts by mistake? Now, you can unlink one of your associated accounts from your main profile account without losing your data. That doesn’t mean that when you login again with the unlinked account, you will be able to view all your history. The history of your activity is transferred to the main account before unlink happens.
Who’s up for a conversation? Make your DMPs “talk” to other research outputs, activities and people by assigning semantics to your templates. To enable this, we have expanded our semantics mechanism to receive more than one entry of fields.
- Related IDs
We thrive in environments where we can relate to others. That’s why we have enhanced our semantics with Zenodo, to create as many and diverse relationships of DMPs with other research objects. Do as you wish, we won’t judge, but please be respectful of our standards!
- Related IDs
New fields for xml template export
New fields are added to the xml template export, describing the version of the template used.
Mechanism to dynamically update ToS, FAQ, Glossary, About pages
Who doesn’t like a bit of pumper? We have provided extra treatment to our mechanism handling the ToS, FAQ, Glossary, About pages so that you can dynamically use it, e.g. when translating the pages in your language. If you still have questions, you know where to find us! Hint: email@example.com.
- Problems with space and enter are now fixed, so feel free to use them as you like!
- Discard, Save and Finalize functionalities will not cause you a headache anymore.
- We found who was stealing your DMP descriptions and we have safely re-allocated them in your exports.
- Switch between tabular and narrative mode whenever you want and as many times as you want!
- Change the ARGOS language without getting stuck.
released this 6 months ago | 68 commits to master since this release
- Refactor the publishing mechanism
Choose the repository you wish to deposit your maDMP! We expanded our publishing mechanism to give researchers the flexibility of selecting more than one repository. This one is for everyone using our OpenDMP software as a configurable source that can be linked to their data services. It’s not a secret from all argos online users; better consider this as a heads up that it’s not available from argos.openaire.eu!
- Redesign of the deposit button
Have you heard of Newton’s “action-reaction” law? Well, this is what happened in this case. We changed the publishing mechanism which caused discrepancies in the way the deposit button functioned as of then. Long story short, you can now choose the repository you want to deposit your maDMP from a list of configurable sources and then view the different dois assigned from a drop down.
- Dataverse integration
Have you heard the saying “curiosity killed the cat”? We wanted to make it explicit to all of our users that we now support Dataverse for publishing and pre-filling content. Note: no animals were harmed in the context of our ARGOS release.
- Table Input
Tables are better for organising information, especially when we are talking about a collection of datasets. Even better when the table supports machine actionability of DMPs, won’t you agree? Feel free to change your templates in ARGOS to include as many machine actionable tables as you want!
- New version of the RSU Template
Our colleagues in the Universidad Stradiņš de Riga made few changes to the RSU Template to better reflect the national policy framework. All Latvian affiliated researchers can use the latest version to create their DMPs, available from argos.openaire.eu.
- New version of the Croatian json
Did you know that there are +7000 languages spoken in the world? We would love to support all of them, but for now we have completed the localisation of ARGOS to the Croatian language, thanks to our colleagues in the Ruđer Bošković Institute. Uživati!
- Zenodo repository integration to deposit DMPs in no longer part of the core software, since the publishing mechanism is refactored and now it supports plugins. Zenodo plugin implementation can be found here: https://code-repo.d4science.org/MaDgiK-CITE/repository-deposit-zenodo
- In order for the plugins to be loader the following should be added to the startup command: -Dloader.path=<path of the folder containing the repo jars> -cp openDMP.jar org.springframework.boot.loader.PropertiesLauncher
- Database schema is updated and the following scripts should be executed to migrate the database with the following order: (always backup your database first)
- Refactor the publishing mechanism